Saturday, July 22, 2017

[INTERVIEW] Kim Sanggyun for STAR1

Kim Sanggyun is likable for his honesty

Kim Sanggyun (22), who was idol group TOPP DOGG's maknae, showed confident, non-maknae-like sides on Mnet <Produce 101 Season 2>. He always smiled widely, but the ambitiousness he showed on stage showed a different desperation, and offstage he fought against lots of worries. He spit out his honest feelings casually without wrapping it like a present or explaining it word by word. Kim Sanggyun is this type of person.

You were actively promoting, what mindset did you appear on <Produce 101 Season 2>.
Sanggyun: The company received an offer to appear on the show. I enjoyed watching Season 1, it was an interesting show with a nice format. I knew that the show would become an issue, so I couldn't miss it for the world. I thought that if I went on the show, I would do well. I think I did well going on it, so I don't regret it.

Looked like you were flying on stage.
Sanggyun: That's what you're supposed to do on stage. But I was also burdened, so I don't think I showed my full potential.

Since you're a rapper, I assume you work hard writing good lyrics.
Sanggyun: Before, I would get lets of good phrases and words through books, but I don't read nowadays. I have a habit since long time ago, but if I thought of a good lyric, or even just a good phrase, I would take note of it. Even if it's useless, I write it. Those become helpful in the end.

What did you realize while filming the show?
Sanggyun: I knew I couldn't sing, but I really can't sing. The atmosphere while filming was filling up your missing pieces and improve your talents. The timetable (schedule) was tight, so I felt mentally pressured so my singing improved forcefully. I'm satisfied that I improved from my initial talents, and my key range has broadened.

I think you're brainstorming on what path you need to go down now?
Sanggyun: I already have. I received a good opportunity to go on PD101S2 and put my name out there, so I am currently preparing to show good music with all these good vibes at my way.

trans @nudongs
scan @syns2min

No comments:

Post a Comment

[NEWS] Wanna One will return to their houses/dorms to rest until there are group schedules!

original article  Wanna One has been rewarded with a short free time after 3 weeks of promotions. According to representatives, Wanna ...