Monday, July 24, 2017

[INTERVIEW] Kwon Hyunbin for W Korea (mention of IKYK, JBJ [lowkey], CUBE chicks, Dean, and more!)

How are you doing nowadays? I heard you have a music video filming tomorrow.
Hyunbin: I have been chosen to be the main character of a music video for a girl group that is debuting. It's my first time appearing in a music video, so I'm nervous but excited.

You probably need to act more than a photoshoot.
Hyunbin:
Nowadays, as a model or idol, facial expressions are very important, so I received acting lessons and I practiced too. For photoshoots, instead of facial expressions, I try to pose so that there will be less pictures that won't be a bit regretful.


How long have you been modeling for? I heard you were a fencing athlete before too.

Hyunbin: It's my 8th season in terms of collections (F/W, S/S), and I was a fencing athlete from 3rd grade of middle school to 2nd grade of high school. I liked fencing, and I like what I'm doing now. I think I'm always adapting to however I am living. Working hard depending on the situation. I heard some bad things about me in the beginning of <Produce 101> but I don't focus too much on it. That's why I think I don't really regret much in general.

If you have no regrets, do you not have any regrets about being eliminated right before the final ranking?

Hyunbin: I think it's already so much for me to be in this place right now. While on the program, I thought, "I really want to become an idol and if I don't, it's the end.", but as a result I left a good image and am thankful for the outcome. If I had a regret, it's that I wish I had a chance to perform on stage with the friends (I Know You Know team) I did the song with one more time.

You tried out a sport, challenged yourself to be an idol, and are doing a model. Each aspect has different characteristics and are not easy at all.

Hyunbin: Of course everybody does difficult things in different ways, but I think I have lots of energy. Even if I'm tired and overworked, when it's night time I have my own me-time and play around, so I realized that I have overflowing energy. After my schedule is done, I go home and play games or watch movies on my phone and sleep late. The busier I get, I try hard to not lose my own personality and have time to myself. If I was truly physically tired, I don't think I could be like this.

So what was more physically difficult? Fencing and dorming, fashion weeks with multiple shows, or <Produce 101>.

Hyunbin: The most difficult was 101. Practicing was tiring, but the fact that we can't completely be off-guard because the camera rolls 24 hours was hard. But I wasn't really conscious of the camera so I was honest with my actions. At home, I don't wear lots of clothes but it's not good to do that on camera so I try my best to suppress it. But after the program ended, I realized what Song Minho's 'Fear' lyrics, 'living inside a CCTV' meant and related to it.

After <101> ended, you have been promoting more as a model. Are you still planning to be an idol, or have you naturally put that  away?

Hyunbin: I don't think it's impossible (to promote as an idol). I want to think after I resolve everything that was given to me, but I know that my parents and company know I really want (to promote as an idol) so the possibility is always open. But I think I have to practice a lot. So much. There are lots of people saying I improved a lot, but that's because I started from nothing. Even CUBE's chick trainees (Lai Guanlin, Yoo Seonho) had basic training for 6 months, but I didn't even have any basics at all so I was a bit distressed. I think it seemed like I improved  a lot because I was learning things, but I know I still lack a lot.

What do you enjoy the most: dancing, singing, or rapping?

Hyunbin: I have a lot of interest in singing lately. I listen to Bolbbalgan4 and Hyukoh Band often. When I was young, I listened to lots of rock and pop songs so I liked Adam Lambart from <American Idol>. He has such a wide vocal range, and he's a very talented musician that can sing with both his natural voice and falsettos. Of course I can't have such spectacular techniques like that, but I want to find a way to portray my vocal color in the most charming way. <101> vocal trainers gave me lots of strength with their words. It wasn't broadcasted, but they complimented me saying I showed my deep voice well so I gained lots of confidence. The trend now a days is R&B Jazz Hip-Hop so I think people who make those kind of music is really cool

Name some people who you think make good music?

Hyunbin: (searching for a live performance on his own phone) There's a song called 'd (Half Moon)' by Dean, and you should really listen to this part. I think he's the best at showing the best part of his vocals in all of South Korea.

Did you know that producer of the song you participated in, 'I Know You Know', Shin Hyuk producer taught Dean?

Hyunbin: I didn't know at all. I wanted to get Shin Hyuk Teacher's contact, but I was a trainee who got their phone taken away so I couldn't. People were wondering who sang the guide for 'I Know You Know' vocals and it was Shin Hyuk Teacher himself who sang even the chorus. I realized he was a genius then. I think it's a good song to listen to while driving.

original interview

@nudongs
please don't repost...

No comments:

Post a Comment

[NEWS] Wanna One will return to their houses/dorms to rest until there are group schedules!

original article  Wanna One has been rewarded with a short free time after 3 weeks of promotions. According to representatives, Wanna ...